muzicafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRINK TO ME

Aşağa gitmek

DRINK TO ME Empty DRINK TO ME

Mesaj  Admin Cuma Ara. 03, 2010 3:59 am

http://beatlestrivia.com/what-actor-inspired-paul-mccartney-to-write-picassos-last-words/

The grand old painter died last night
His paintings on the wall
Before he went he bade us well
And said goodnight to us all.
Drink to me, drink to my health
You know i can't drink any more
Drink to me, drink to my health

3 o'clock in the morning
I'm getting ready for bed
It came without a warning
But i'll be waiting for you baby
I'll be waiting for you there

So drink to me drink to my health
Drink to me drink to my health

French interlude

Temp change

Jet... drink to me

Drunken chorus

French (tempo) drink to me... ho hey ho

While having dinner together in 1973, Dustin Hoffman inspired Paul McCartney to write “Picasso’s Last Words (Drink To Me)”. Hoffman had asked McCartney how he came up with ideas for writing songs. Paul replied that he didn’t know, “You just sort do it, kind of pick them out of the air”. Dustin asked him if he could “write one now.” Paul agreed to try. So, Hoffman grabbed his copy of Time magazine that had an article about the recent death of artist Pablo Picasso. He told Paul the story about Picasso’s death and his famous last words, “Drink to me, drink to my health. You know I can’t drink anymore.” McCartney had a guitar with him and immediately began composing the song on the spot, much to Dustin’s amazement.

Later, Paul McCartney recorded “Picasso’s Last Words (Drink To Me)” for inclusion on the Band On The Run album, released in late 1973.

Below, listen to an audio clip of Paul McCartney and Dustin Hoffman talking about the song’s birth. Also, there’s a couple of brief snippets of the song mixed in.

DRINK TO ME Paul-m10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mesaj Sayısı : 2401
Kayıt tarihi : 01/04/08

https://muzicfe.yetkin-forum.com

Sayfa başına dön Aşağa gitmek

Sayfa başına dön

Bu forumun müsaadesi var:
Bu forumdaki mesajlara cevap veremezsiniz