muzicafe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JULIE ANDREWS

Aşağa gitmek

JULIE ANDREWS Empty JULIE ANDREWS

Mesaj  Admin Ptsi Şub. 21, 2011 11:52 am

Dame Julia Elizabeth Andrews, DBE (née Wells; born 1 October 1935) is a British film and stage actress, singer, and author. She is the recipient of Golden Globe, Emmy, Grammy, BAFTA, People's Choice Award, Theatre World Award, Screen Actors Guild and Academy Award honours. Andrews was a former British child actress and singer who made her Broadway debut in 1954 with The Boy Friend, and rose to prominence starring in other musicals such as My Fair Lady and Camelot, and in musical films such as Mary Poppins (1964), for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress, and The Sound of Music (1965): the roles for which she is still best-known. Her voice, which originally spanned four octaves, was damaged by a throat operation in 1997.

Andrews had a revival of her film career in 2000s in family films such as The Princess Diaries (2001), its sequel The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004), the Shrek animated films (2004–2010), and Despicable Me (2010). In 2003 Andrews revisited her first Broadway success, this time as a stage director, with a revival of The Boy Friend at the Bay Street Theatre, Sag Harbor, New York (and later at the Goodspeed Opera House, in East Haddam, Connecticut in 2005).

Andrews is also an author of children's books, and in 2008 published an autobiography, Home: A Memoir of My Early Years.

Early Life

Julie Andrews was born Julia Elizabeth Wells on 1 October 1935 in Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, England. Her mother, Barbara Ward Wells (née Morris), was married to Edward Charles "Ted" Wells, a teacher of metal and woodworking, but Andrews was conceived as a result of an affair her mother had with a family friend.

With the outbreak of World War II, Barbara and Ted Wells went their separate ways. Ted Wells assisted with evacuating children to Surrey during the Blitz, while Barbara joined Ted Andrews in entertaining the troops through the good offices of the Entertainments National Service Association (ENSA). Barbara and Ted Wells were soon divorced. They both remarried: Barbara to Ted Andrews, in 1939; and Ted Wells, to a former hairstylist working a lathe at a war factory that employed them both in Hinchley Wood, Surrey.

Andrews lived briefly with Ted Wells and her brother John in Surrey. In about 1940, Ted Wells sent her to live with her mother and stepfather, who, the elder Wells thought, would be better able to provide for his talented daughter's artistic training. According to her 2008 autobiography Home, while Julie had been used to calling Ted Andrews "Uncle Ted", her mother suggested it would be more appropriate to refer to her stepfather as "Pop", while her father remained "Dad" or "Daddy" to her. Julie disliked this change.

The Andrews family was "very poor and we lived in a bad slum area of London," Andrews recalled, adding, "That was a very black period in my life." In addition, according to Andrews' 2008 memoir, her stepfather was an alcoholic. Ted Andrews twice, while drunk, tried to get into bed with his stepdaughter, resulting in Andrews putting a lock on her door. But, as the stage career of Ted and Barbara Andrews improved, they were able to afford to move to better surroundings, first to Beckenham and then, as the war ended, back to the Andrews' home town of Hersham. . The Andrews family took up residence at The Old Meuse,in West Grove, Hersham (now demolished) a house where Andrews' maternal grandmother happened to have served as a maid.

Julie Andrews' stepfather sponsored lessons for her, first at the Cone-Ripman School, an independent arts educational school in London, then with the famous concert soprano and voice instructor Madame Lilian Stiles-Allen. "She had an enormous influence on me", Andrews said of Stiles-Allen, adding, "She was my third mother – I've got more mothers and fathers than anyone in the world." In her memoir Julie Andrews – My Star Pupil Stiles-Allen records: "The range, accuracy and tone of Julie's voice amazed me ... she had possessed the rare gift of absolute pitch" (though Andrews herself refutes this in her 2008 autobiography Home). According to Andrews: "Madame was sure that I could do Mozart and Rossini, but, to be honest, I never was". Of her own voice, she says "I had a very pure, white, thin voice, a four-octave range – dogs would come for miles around." After Cone-Ripman School, Andrews continued her academic education at the nearby Woodbrook School, a local state school in Beckenham

ABD'de müzik ve kayıt alanında 150 uzmanın seçtiği Grammy Ödülleri'nde bu yıl İngiltere'nin seçkin oyuncu ve şarkıcısı Julie Andrews, "Ömür Boyu Başarı" ödülü aldı.

Özgün adı "Gramafon Ödülü" olan 53. yıl Grammy'sinde Julie Andrews, California-Los Angeles'e gelerek, devletin orta öğretimde müzik derslerine de yansıyan bütçe kesintilerine dikkat çekti.

75 yaşındaki Julie Andrews, 1965'in dünyada müzikal film başyapıtı Sound of Music (Neşeli Günler) ve 1964'te "en iyi kadın oyuncu Oscarı"nı kazandığı Marry Poppins filmleriyle hatırlanıyor.

İkinci Dünya Savaşı'ndan önce Avusturya'nın sisler içinden süzülen bakir doğasında çocuk ruhuna giren Sound of Music filmi, Amerikalı besteci Richard Rogers (1902-1979) ile söz yazarı Oscar Hammerstein'ın (1895-1960) şaheseri, Julie Andrews'un mükemmel oyunuyla kaydedildi. Filmin yönetmeni Robert Wise (1914-2005), 1961'de Batı Yakasının Hikayesi'nde olduğu gibi "en iyi yönetmen Oscarı"nı kazandı.

Film Andrews'un çocukları büyüleyen yeteneğiyle, 1966 yılında 10 dalda aday olduğu Sinema Sanatları ve Bilimleri Akademisi Ödülleri'nde "en iyi film", "yönetmen", "müzik", "ses" ve "kurgu" dallarında 5 Oscar kazandı. ABD'de "kültürel, tarihi ve estetik olarak önemli" filmler arasına seçildi ve Kongre Kütüphanesi'nin "Ulusal Film Arşivi"nde korunmasına karar verildi.

Andrews, Sound of Music filminde manastırda rahibe olamadan, Albay Von Trapp'ın yedi çocuğuna bakması için manastırdan gelen mürebbiyelik teklifini kabul eder ve Avusturya doğasında "müziğin sesi" doğar. İşin ilginç tarafı Julie Andrews, Wealt Disney yapımı Marry Poppins filminde de Amerikalı oyuncu Dick Van Dyke'ın çocuklarına "sihirli dadılık" etmektedir.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Mesaj Sayısı : 2401
Kayıt tarihi : 01/04/08

https://muzicfe.yetkin-forum.com

Sayfa başına dön Aşağa gitmek

JULIE ANDREWS Empty .

Mesaj  Admin Ptsi Şub. 21, 2011 11:54 am

Admin
Admin
Admin